By Douglas Davies
- Offers a desirable exam of this topic that is of putting up with curiosity in each tradition within the world
- Considers the profound effect dying has had on topics starting from philosophy to anthropology, via to artwork, literature, and tune - inspiring a few of our such a lot enduring inventive highpoints
- Broaches the most major features of demise, equivalent to the act of demise, grieving, burial, inventive interpretations of loss of life, areas of reminiscence, the terror of dying, and disasters/tragedies
- Weaves those a variety of methods to demise right into a compelling tale approximately our altering attitudes to dying
- Contains numerous illustrations, and is written in an available and full of life style.
Read Online or Download A Brief History of Death (Wiley Blackwell Brief Histories of Religion) PDF
Best gerontology books
Assisted dwelling is a swiftly evolving undefined, and lots of team of workers lack enough wisdom of rising regulatory and repayment matters, resident care versions, and advertising wishes. A panel of specialists covers medical, company, and operational features of assisted residing, providing leading edge techniques to supplying a high-quality surroundings of care.
According to unique contributions from top students, this guide bargains severe experiences of adaptations in grandparenthood (historical, cultural, race, gender), contingencies (transitions, roles, effect, divorce surrogate parenting, grownup grandchildren) and interventions (clinical, guidelines, programs).
This booklet examines the increase of welfare markets in Western societies and explores their functioning, law and embeddedness by means of addressing the actual box of outdated age provision, together with either retirement provision and aged care. It is going past a trifling social coverage research by means of investigating significant cultural underpinnings of the recent (quasi-)markets, with those underpinnings embracing collective normative representations of the way societies (should) institutionally deal with outdated age.
Academic gerontology is the research of the alterations within the studying method brought on by previous age. This re-creation presents an replace of advancements during this box of study. the quantity probes subject matters reminiscent of implications for schooling for the getting older, memory, tools of training, social alternate and equivalent chance.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Aging: Research and Clinical Perspectives
- Beyond successful and active ageing: A theory of model ageing
- As múltiplas faces da velhice no Brasil (Portuguese Edition)
- Aging in America: A Cultural History
- Lebenslanges Lernen und Bildung im Alter (Urban-Taschenbücher) (German Edition)
Extra resources for A Brief History of Death (Wiley Blackwell Brief Histories of Religion)
A Brief History of Death (Wiley Blackwell Brief Histories of Religion) by Douglas Davies